Yesterday morning as I was about to leave for work while walking out of my office I looked down and saw a very large spider sitting right next to my foot. My first reaction was to play a “Melanie/Brittany” I looked around for a glass of some sort to cover it with. (Often I would find a critter under a cup waiting for me to take care of it when I got home.) I didn’t dare leave it there for fear it would run away and be lost in my house. It was way too big to step on. The bug spray was too far away. It became apparent that the only thing to do was to get it outside. (Good thing I didn’t think about the possibility that it might jump or I wouldn’t have done that.) At the time it just looked like a pom pom size type of spider. I found a large envelope and opened the back door and proceeded to scoot it out the door. When it hit the door jam a “zillion” babies started flying. That was the first I realized there were babies on her back. I panicked and started stomping. I ran to the garage and got the spray and finished them off. Poor things didn't know what hit them. Sure am glad I saw it and it didn't hibernate behind my desk and all those baby spiders come out as adults. YIKES! I have since learned that it was a mother “wolf spider”. After carrying her babies around in a sac on her underside she tears that sac open and carries the babies on her back until they are big enough to take care of themselves.
Now forever more I will walk with my head down, looking at the floor.

6 comments:
That and the scorpions should make all of us think about keeping an eye out for those little critters. Can you imagine if all of those spiders stayed inside?
You go Mom!! I have never seen that before. I am sure that I would have been screaming and stomping at the same time. Sounds like you need to have your whole house treated.
I am still grossing out about it, YUCK!
That is one ugly spider!!!!!! Way to go Girl. Not sure what I would have done. Thanks for the Chia seeds we've been using them.
AHHH! Yuck, yuck, yuck!! I would have been screaming!! I'm glad you got rid of them, why can't spider just stay outside??
YIKES!! We had a wolf spider in our Laundry room once. I sprayed it and the babies scattered everywhere. YUCK! It took me a few minutes to gather up courage to go back into the laundry room and sweep them all up.
Post a Comment